Dear Students, the notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in Canara Bank is already out. The examination is scheduled to be held on 4th of March 2018. The banking examinations are no longer a cup of tea for those who have been preparing for these examinations for a longer period of time or those who think they know exactly what is going to be asked in the examination or what exactly will be the pattern of examination. So, all that you need to do is to be ready for a bolt from the blue and tackle the questions with ease. And to help you score the maximum marks in the upcoming Canara Bank PO Examination,
The Canara Bank PO Examination (Online Objective Test) for 200 marks, would be of two hours duration and will consist of 4 sections as follows:
|S.no.||Name of the Test||No.|
Reasoning Section Strategy
- The expected number of questions on Coding-Decoding, Syllogism/ Inequalities, Machine Input-Output, Data Sufficiency is 5 from each topic.
- The questions based on Logical Reasoning can range from 10-13.
- There can be 10-15 questions on Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, and 3-5 questions on miscellaneous topics like blood relation, direction sense, etc.
- The trick to attempt the maximum number of questions in Reasoning Section in minimum time is to attempt the difficult puzzles in the end.
- Start with the questions that are not in the form of puzzles, you can choose to start with the questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other random topics.
- Then try to start with puzzles that appear easy to solve and proceed with moderate and difficult puzzles in a similar way. So, this is how you have to manage to attempt this section.
English Language Section Strategy
- The number of expected questions on Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Phrasal Verbs is 10 from each topic.
- Odd one out cum para jumbles, Error Detection, Sentence Completion,Connectors, etc can be 5 on each topic.
- The trick to score in English section can vary from one person to another depending on his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- If you are good at vocab and reading then attempt the reading comprehension first and proceed with Cloze Test and other miscellaneous topics like Error Detection, Para Jumbles, Phrase Replacement, Double Fillers, etc.
- But if you are good at grammar, attempt Reading Comprehension in the end.
- The Reading comprehension too should be attempted in a way that you attempt questions based on vocab and phrases first and then the questions that need a deeper penetration through the paragraphs.
- The important topics for cloze test are subject-verb agreement, preposition and verbs. These topics may help you do some other questions too that will be based on grammar. So make sure that you have these topics on your fingertips when you are to attempt the examination.
Quantitative Aptitude Section Strategy
- The expected number of questions on Number Series, Inequalities (Quadratic Equations, Quantity 1, Quantity 2), Approximation and Simplification, Data Sufficiency is 5 from each topic.
- Next, there will be 15-20 questions on Data Interpretation and Arithmetic Portion each.
- The trick to scoring marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section is to attempt the questions on Quadratic Equations, Simplification and Approximation first and then going for Number Series.
- After having attempted all these questions efficiently, go for Data Interpretation, you can attempt at least 3 questions from each DI very easily.
- The remaining few questions will be based on miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, etc. Try attempting at least 10 questions that are doable from this part.
General Awareness Section Strategy
- So much is happening every day that unless you keep yourself abreast of these changes you cannot adjust yourself to them or tackle the GA section of any exam smoothly and easily.
- Go through the Current Affairs of December and January thoroughly and keep revising them from time to time so that you do not end up lying crushed under a pile of news at the time of examination.