Banking awareness for syndicate bank po and Canara bank po and ibps clerk mains.
101) When was the Rolling plan designed?
Ans :- 1978-83,
102) Why is Poverty in less developed countries largely?
Ans :- Due to income inequality,
103) Among the remedies of inflation, what can we include?
Ans :- Lowering bank rate,
104) Through which methods is the national income of India estimated mainly?
Ans :- Production and income methods,
105) From when was the Zero Base Budgeting in India first experimented?
Ans :- April, 1987,
106) On which do Companies pay Corporation Tax?
Ans :- Incomes,
107) Why is the Gross National Income always more than Net National Income?
Ans :- Direct taxes,
108) Which is the updated base for Wholesale Price Index?
Ans :- 2004-2005,
109) After textiles, which is India’s second important industry?
Ans :- Iron and steel,
110) Which Committee was formed to suggest means for eradicating black money?
Ans :- Cheiliah Committee,
111) When had India a plan holiday?
Ans :- After the drought of 1966,
112) Who was the first Chairman of the Planning Commission?
Ans :- Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru,
113) Immediately prior to change in the measure of Food Inflation, which index was being used for measuring it?
Ans :- Wholesale Price Index,
114) Main bearers of the burden of indirect tax are?
Ans :- consumers,
115) The word Economics is taken from which language?
Ans :- Greek,
116) The famous economist Thomas Robert Malthus, in his views regarding population, is –
Ans :- Optimistic,
117) Gold Bullion Standard refers to -
Ans :- Gold coin as an unlimited legal tender,
118) Value – added services means –
Ans :- Additional services,
119) National income in India is estimated by –
Ans :- CSO,
120) The concept of mixed economy means –
Ans :- Simultaneous existence of private and public sector,
121) As we all know Govt. is committed to provide employment of 100 days to the rural people in India Which of the acts is enacted for the same?
Ans :- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act,
122) With which of the following is FMC related in financial parlance?
Ans :- Commodity futures markets,
123) India changed over to the decimal system of coinage in -
Ans :- April 1957,
124) Gross domestic capital formation is defined as -
Ans :- net addition to stock after depreciation,
125) Excise duty is a tax levied on the -
Ans :- production of goods,
126) Devaluation of currency will be more beneficial if -
Ans :- prices of exports remain constant,
127) National Agricultural Insurance Scheme replacing Comprehensive Crop Insurance Scheme was introduced in the year -
Ans :- 1999,
128) Fiscal deficit in the Union Budget means -
Ans :- the sum of budgetary deficit and net increase in internal and external borrowings,
129) In India, inflation measured by the -
Ans :- Wholesale Price Index number,
130) Subsidies mean -
Ans :- payment made by the government to business enterprises, without buying any goods and services,
131) Resurgent India Bonds were issued in US dollar, Pound Sterling and -
Ans :- Deutsche Mark,
132) Short-term finance is usually for a period ranging up to -
Ans :- 12 months,
133) In India, which one among the following formulates the fiscal policy?
Ans :- Ministry of Finance,
134) The budget deficit means -
Ans :- difference between all receipts and all the expenditure,
135) In utensils worth Rs 1000 are produced with copper worth Rs 500, wages paid are Rs 100, other material purchased is worth Rs 100 and depreciation of machinery is zero, then what is the value added in process?
Ans :- Rs 300,
136) Paper currency first started in India in -
Ans :- 1861,
137) The ARDC is now a branch of the -
Ans :- NABARD,
138) Devaluation of currency leads to -
Ans :- increase in domestic prices,
139) Since 1983, the RBI's responsibility with respect to regional rural banks was transferred to -
Ans :- NABARD,
140) Deficit financing implies -
Ans :- public expenditure in excess of public revenue,
141) A regressive tax will tend to redistrubute income more -
Ans :- uneqally,
142) Foreign Direct Investment ceilings in the telecom sector have been raised from 74 percent to -
Ans :- 100 percent,
143) In which year was NABARD established?
Ans :- 1982,
144) What does Demonetization mean?
Ans :- Withdrawal of currency from circulation which is done to ambush black market,
145) Which is the first RSE to start its functioning in India?
Ans :- Ahmedabad Stock Exchange (ASE),
146) Quaternary Sector involves -
Ans :- Research and development,
147) National Planning Committee was set up by -
Ans :- Subhash Chandra Bose,
148) When was cotton textile industry established in Mumbai?
Ans :- 1854,
149) When was the first Industrial Policy introduced?
Ans :- 1948,
150) When was first modern cotton textile mill set up?