Banking awareness for syndicate bank po and ibps clerk mains and Canara bank po
1) Which is at the apex of Industrial Finance in India?
Ans :- Industrial Development Bank of India,
2) By which bill does the government make arrangement for the collection of revenues for a year?
Ans :- Finance Bill,
3) Which forms the largest share of deficit in Govt.of India budget?
Ans :- Fiscal deficit,
4) Which Committee was formed to suggest means for eradicating black money?
Ans :- Cheiliah Committee,
5) Which taxes was levied on the buying/selling of various commodities on recognized exchanges in India?
Ans :- Fringe Benefit Tax,
6) The slope at any point on an indifference curve is known an –
Ans :- Marginal rate of substitution,
7) The Income Tax Act was passed in independent India –
Ans :- In 1961,
8) Which committees examined and suggested Financial sector reforms in India –
Ans :- Narsimham Committee,
9) Which is the prescribed investment limit for medium enterprises in the manufacturing sector as per the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006?
Ans :- More than Rs. 5 crores and less than Rs. 10 crores,
10) Mahalanobis Plan Model adopted in India in the mid-fifties aimed at –
Ans :- setting up heavy industries which were capital intensive,
11) In which years was the trade balance favourable to India?
Ans :- 1972-73 and 1976-77,
12) A unit price elastic demand curve will touch –
Ans :- Neither price axis, nor quantity axis,
13) Which agencies is associated with business of Insurance sector as a regulator?
Ans :- IRDA,
14) The New Economic Policy was introduced in India in the year –
Ans :- 1991,
15) Gilt edged market means –
Ans :- Market of Government securities,
16) Subsidies mean –
Ans :- Payment made by Government to business enterprises, without buying goods or services,
17) Who is called the Father of Economics?
Ans :- Adam Smith,
18) In case of inferior goods the income elasticity of demand is –
Ans :- Negative,
19) The concept of mixed economy means –
Ans :- Simultaneous existence of private and public sector,
20) The most important economic function of stock exchange is to –
Ans :- provide a ready market for old securities,
21) Which goods or services could not be provided by a pure free market economy –
Ans :- National defence,
22) The record of country's transactions in goods, services and assets with the rest of the world is its –
Ans :- Balance of payment,
23) Which assets is usually not depreciated –
Ans :- Land,
24) Which organisations is the regulator of stock exchanges in India?
Ans :- SEBI,
25) Which online fashion store was recently taken over by Indian online megastore Flipkart?
Ans :- Myntra.com,
26) The National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) is located in which cities?
Ans :- Kolkata,
27) Which is the oldest Development Financial Institution of India?
Ans :- IFCI,
28) Which is the best measure of economic growth of a country?
Ans :- GNP,
29) What is the measure of a worker’s real wage?
Ans :- The purchasing power of his earnings,
30) How is the difference between visible exports and visible imports defined?
Ans :- Balance of trade,
31) Who is the deputy chairman of the Planning Commission?
Ans :- He holds the rank of a cabinet minister,
32) What is the main objective of Antyodaya programme?
Ans :- Uplift the poor,
33) From where does the National Stock Exchange functions?
Ans :- Mumbai,
34) In which terms is the Rate of growth of an economy measured?
Ans :- National income,
35) Among Indian Economists who had done pioneering work on National Income?
Ans :- V. K. R. V. Rao,
36) What does Net factor income from abroad added to GDP give?
Ans :- GNP,
37) With whose assistance was Bokaro Steel Limited established?
Ans :- Soviet Union,
38) Which State produces maximum pulses in the country?
Ans :- Madhya Pradesh,
39) What does S and P 500 relate to?
Ans :- An index of stocks of large companies,
40) Which is the largest general insurance company of India on the basis of gross premium collection inclusive of foreign operations?
Ans :- New India Assurance Company Limited,
41) The proposed Micro Units Development Refinance Agency (MUDRA Bank) will have a Credit Guarantee corpus of –
Ans :- Rs. 3000 crore,
42) The term Front-end load is associated with –
Ans :-Mutual funds,
43) When an insurer passes some part of or all risks to another insurer called Re-insurer, this type of insurance is called –
Ans :- Re-insurance,
44) An agency which holds electronic records of insurance policies issued to individuals, is known as –
Ans :- Insurance Repository,
45) Monopolist can determine –
Ans :- Either price or output,
46) The most appropriate measure of a country's economic growth is its –
Ans :- per capita real income,
47) To obtain the break even point in rupee sales value, total fixed costs are divided by –
Ans :- profit/volume ratio,
48) Which decades in Indian Planning deserves to be called The Decade of Jobless Growth?
Ans :- 1991-2000,
49) The value of all final goods and services produced by the normal residents of a country arid their property, whether operating within the domestic territory of the country or outside in a year is termed as –
Ans :- Net National Income,
50) National product at factor cost is equal to –
Ans :- National product at market prices – indirect taxes + subsidies,