Home » Banking » banking for bank exams » banking gk » banking gk for bank exams » General Banking » Banking awareness for ibps clerk mains and syndicate bank po, Canara bank po exam| economic notes
Banking awareness for ibps clerk mains and syndicate bank po, Canara bank po exam| economic notes
Banking awareness for ibps clerk mains and syndicate bank po, Canara bank po exam.
51) Unñder the recently re-launched Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) for senior citizens, the insured person can receive a monthly pension ranging from -
Ans :- Rs. 500 to Rs. 5000,
52) It is a joint venture between Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC), one of India’s leading housing finance institution and –
Ans :- Standard Life,
53) The currency of the Republic of Mauritius is –
Ans :- Mauritian Rupee,
54) Future Group is an Indian private conglomerate, which is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sector, with popular supermarket chain –
Ans :- Big Bazaar,
55) An insurance purchased by agricultural producers to protect themselves against either the loss of their crops due to natural disasters or loss of revenue due to declines in the prices of agricultural commodities, is known as –
Ans :- Crop Insurance,
56) CENVAT is associated with which rate?
Ans :- Rate of indirect tax,
57) What does National income ignore?
Ans :- Salary of employees,
58) How is Indian economy?
Ans :- Mixed economy,
59) Upon which development the Second Five Year Plan laid mote stress?
Ans :- Industrialisation,
60) What is the inflation experienced in the country at present?
Ans :- Cost-push inflation,
61) Stock Exchanges play a role in an economy how may itbe termed?
Ans :- Useful but need strict regulation,
62) What is temporary tax levied to obtain additional revenue?
Ans :- Surcharge,
63) From which sector is the largest contribution in India’s National Income?
Ans :- Tertiary sector,
64) Which is the biggest Public Sector undertaking in the country?
Ans :- Railways,
65) Which committee was assigned to recommend reforms in the insurance sector?
Ans :- Malhotra Committee,
66) What is the main source of fund for the National Highway Authority of India?
Ans :- Cess,
67) Which body finalises the Five Year Plan proposals?
Ans :- National Development Council,
68) By whom was the first attempt to initiate economic planning in India made?
Ans :- By M. Visvesvaraya,
69) What is an essential attribute of inflation?
Ans :- Increase in prices,
70) Which bank prints currency notes of the denomination of Rs. 100?
Ans :- The Bank Note Press, Dewas,
71) Who are Debenture holders of a company?
Ans :- Its creditors,
72) Which organizations agency is involved in drafting the Union Budget of India?
Ans :- Administrative Ministries only,
73) Which agency has the power to declare any industrial unit as a potentially sick unit?
Ans :- BIFR,
74) What is the mean of Invisible Export?
Ans :- Export Services,
75) In India, in which sector was the co-operative movement initiated?
Ans :- Agricultural credit,
76) For internal financing of Five Year Plans, the government depends on which source?
Ans :- Taxation only,
77) Who was the author of the chapter on Objectives of Planned Development for the Third Five Year Plan?
Ans :- Morarji Desai,
78) Of the various ways of financing government’s investment expenditure, what is the least inflationary?
Ans :- taxation,
79) To prevent recurrence of scams in Indian Capital Market, To whom has the Government assigned regulatory powers?
Ans :- SEBI,
80) From which sector does the highest sector wise contribution to gross domestic saving comes?
Ans :- Household sector,
81) In the short run, a producer, how long continues his production?
Ans :- Fixed cost,
82) Which is the largest importer country of Indian textile?
Ans :- USA,
83) What does the Year of Great Divide refere?
Ans :- To rapid growth rate in population after 1921,
84) What was the decentralisation system recommended?
Ans :- Balwant Rai Mehta,
85) What is the principal source of revenue to the State Government in India?
Ans :- Sales Tax,
86) What does Inflation imply?
Ans :- Rise in general price index,
87) When was the decimal system of currency introduced in India?
Ans :- 1957,
88) What is the mean of Cheap Money?
Ans :- Low Rate of Interest,
89) From where does the National Stock Exchange functions?
Ans :- Mumbai,
90) Which is the oldest stock exchange of India?
Ans :- Bombay Stock Exchange,
91) By which bill does the government make arrangement for the collection of revenues for a year?
Ans :- Finance Bill,
92) If the price of an inferior good falls, what about its demand?
Ans :- Remains constant,
93) In which year was Railway Budget in India separated from general budget?
Ans :- 1924-25,
94) What is the investment in public works?
Ans :- Capital expenditure,
95) With which Economic growth is usually coupled?
Ans :- Inflation,
96) Which is the largest (in terms of turnover) Public Sector organisation in India?
Ans :- Indian Oil Corporation,
97) How is the difference between visible exports and visible imports defined?
Ans :- Balance of trade,
98) Who long do the World Bank and IMF give respectively?
Ans :- Long term and short term credits,
99) In which activity percentage share of cooperative sector is the highest?
Ans :- Sugar production,
100) Economic Planning is a subject of which list?
Ans :- Union List
Click here for more quizs:-