A New concept of Descriptive Paper has been included in the pattern of Syndicate Bank PO Examination.
Descriptive Test of English Language will examine one's writing skills, understanding, analyzing and summarising skills.
Apart from this, this test is also aimed at testing your knowledge of language and General Awareness. Letter writing is an essential part of Descriptive Writing.
While writing a letter one should keep in mind that the letter should convey the message you want to carry in a way that no further communication is required in future. The second thing to be kept in mind is the word limit that is usually mentioned in the question itself.
Two types of letters are generally asked in the descriptive paper of competitive exams.
1. Formal letters: Letters written to a bank manager, a company, government officials, editor of a newspaper, member of a political party, business partner, employee, etc.
2. Informal letters: Letters written to a relative, parents, brother or sister, a friend, a teacher/mentor (Thanksgiving).
Here are a few tips on Informal Letter Writing for Syndicate Bank PO Examination.
INFORMAL LETTER FORMAT
Date and Address: The writer should mention his/her own address in the letter they are writing. It should be written on the right-hand corner of the page. After the address, leave a line and write the date. The date shows when the letter was written.
Greetings or Salutation: The most common way to start off an informal letter is with a 'dear'. Since this letter is meant for your friends or family, there is no need to greet them as 'Sir' or 'Madam'. Put the name after that and then put a comma. e.g "Dear Shikha,".
Text or Body: While writing the content of the letter, keep in mind the following:
- Paragraphs should be indented.
- 1.The informal language should be used keeping in mind the person you are writing the letter to. You cannot write 'Hey dude! What's up?' to your father.
- 2.Active voice makes your letter sound more conversational and makes it more interesting to read, so, try using active voice.
- 3.Try putting questions in your letter as they act as a good base on which you can write your letter.
- You Must Also Like:-
- How to Qualify Descriptive Test in Syndicate Bank PO Exam
- Previous Year Letter Writing Questions Asked in Syndicate Bank PO Descriptive
- Essay Writing Capsule PDF Syndicate Bank PO 2018
- Letter Writing Descriptive Test pdf Syndicate Bank Po 2018
- How To Write An Essay | Descriptive Paper of Syndicate Bank PO 2017
- Banking Quiz for Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank PO Exam 2018
- AFCAT Previous Year Solved Question papers : Download Free pdf here
- FREE SBI Practice Paper Sets for prelims
- SBI Clerk Previous Year Solved Question Paper Download
- SBI Clerk Prelims Previous Papers – SBI Clerk Sample Papers Pdf
- Banking awareness notes for syndicate bank po and Canara bank po and ibps clerk mains.
- GENERAL AWARENESS QUESTIONS ASKED IN IBPS CLERK MAINS EXAM 2017
- IBPS PO Interview Experience 2017-18
- Free SBI Clerk Online Mock Tests -2018
- Banking Awareness Questions Syndicate Bank PO CAPUSEL PDF
- Syndicate Bank PO Last five years Model Question Papers
- Syndicate Bank PO Exam Previous Year Question Papers PDF|10 years pdf
- Current Affairs Question Bank- December 2017
- Quantitative Aptitude Questions for Syndicate Bank PO
- Current Affairs Quiz Based on The Hindu: 20th Jan
- GK-GA Questions Asked in IBPS Clerk Mains 2017 Exam
- 200 Objective Questions(Economics)|Banking for bank exams
- Banking awareness for syndicate bank po and Canara bank po and ibps clerk mains. |Economic part2
- Banking awareness for ibps clerk mains and syndicate bank po, Canara bank po exam| economic notes
- Banking awareness for syndicate bank po and ibps clerk mains and Canara bank po
- 96 Objective Questions(Economics)| Banking for bank exams
- 100 banking Objective Questions for bank exams
- 91 Objective Questions | Banking Awareness
- Important days -General awareness for bank exams
- Books and Authors for bank exams
- Abbreviations for bank exams