How are Cut off’s Decided in IBPS Examinations
IBPS has been recruiting for banking examinations since 2012. But they have been completing the whole recruitment process since the exams held in 2013. The complete recruitment involves “Taking the objective examination”, Shortlisting candidates for Interview, Taking Interviews, and then declaring bank wise cutoff.
Level of IBPS with time has gone up in case of Probationary officers. We are here with a 3 years exam analysis of IBPS PO.
- Exam Held in 2013 (Vacancies 2014-15): This is said to be one of the toughest examination in the history of IBPS. Cutoff in Objective exam was as low as 61/200 (Gen). At that time the process was a 2 layered Examination. Objective Exam >> Interview >> Allotment. Total vacancies in this year was around 22000.
- Exam Held in 2014 (Vacancies 2015-16) : This was a simpler examination. Cutoff in Objective exam was 82/200 (Gen). At that time also the process was a 2 layered exam. Vacancies then were around 17000
- Exam Held in 2015 (Vacancies 2016-17) : This was a toughest examination till now from IBPS. Cutoff in Objective exam was down to 76/200 (Gen). This time the process was a 3 Layered Process. Preliminary Examination >> Objective Exam >> Interview >> Allotment. Total vacancies in this year was around 12000.
How Is Cutoff Decided:
Cutoff are the marks which make you eligible for the further process of recruitment. Decision on cutoff is taken keeping in view various aspects in Mind.
Keeping in view all the 3 points a cutoff is determined. To prove a point here, IBPS PO V (IBPS PO 2015) was tougher than IBPS PO III (IBPS PO 2013), yet the cutoff was higher. The main reason behind this was that the vacancies were almost half of that of IBPS PO 2013. If the vacancies would have been same like 2013 cutoff’s would have been easily in the territory of 50’s.
- Average marks scored by the aspirants
- Total Number of Vacancies
- Ratio in which the students will be selected to Vacancies
This is Heading 3
Type your Heading 3 Text here.
This is Heading 4
Type your Heading 4 Text here